Ingredients for dosa :-
1. Row rice(pachari) - 1 glass(cup)
2. Urad dal - 1/4th glass(cup)
3. Fenugreek - 1.5 tsp
4. Poha (Aval) - 1 tbls (optional)
5. Cooked rice - 3 tbls
6. Salt - To taste
7. Oil - as needed
- Soak the rice, urud dal, fenugreek for about 5 hrs.
- Grind them to a fine paste , add small amount of water sothat the batter is thick.
- Add cooked rice and poha(to have the crispiness) and grind well.
- Keep aside for about 8 hrs to fermant.
- Before use add salt.
- Pour a big spoon of batter on the dosa thava and spread the batter making circular motion from center to outwards making it as thin as possible.
- Close the lid and wait for a minute.
- Apply oil on top and sides of the dosa and turn it.
- Wait for another 1 minute and take the dosa off . The dosa should change colour slightly at the edges. If not, its not done and you have to wait a few seconds more.
- Now our dosa is ready.
Let us see the chutney receipe to accompany the dosa ...
Ingredients for the chutney:-
1. Coconut - 1/2 a coconut
2. Green chilli - 3 numbers
3. Ginger - 1 inch peice
4. Curry leaves - 3 to 4
5. tarmarind - 1 inch peice(a very small piece just to have a tinch of it)6. Water - 1/4 the a glass (if u prefer watery chutney u can add more - I like thick chutney)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - a few
Oil - as needed
- Grind all the ingredients into a fine paste
- Add oil to a hot pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds split completely add curry leaves and saut well.
- Now add the ground mixtre and heat well.
- Switch off the flame before the mixture boils.
- Serve hot with dosa.